In 1949, the Post added another building which contains bowling lanes. The Post operated the bowling alley for years and still used old hall meetings and dances. The membership remained constant.
For a number of years, the Post had organized one of the best American Legion Bands in the State. This band under the management of C. Meyer and the direction of Max Richter, played concerts in the city and for children's homes and hospitals.
The Post sponsored Legion Baseball, Boys State, military funerals, presentation of flags, raising of colors, decoration of graves and may other projects. During this time, the Legion also had one of the best Service Officers who was available to handle all veteran's problems.