The first meetings were held at the Woodman Hall. It was located approximately where Dady Distributing was located for years. The American Legion purchased Woodman Hall and used it until 1947 when they built a new post home on Main Street. This modern brick building was built with a lot of member help. Hilman Rice was the prime contractor for the building project. Business meetings were held upstairs where there was a bar and slot machines. The down stairs was used for dances. Paul WarCloud Grant and Tina WalkingBull painted military pictures on the walls. The brick building now belongs to the Sisseton Senior Citizen Center.
In 1975, the American Legion located to a new building on the corner of Highway 10 and 8th Avenue East. The new post home was dedicated on November 11, 1975. Post Commander for the dedication was Cecil Stagman. The American Legion incurred a debt of approximately $125,000 which was paid off by 1985. The post remains at that location.