In 1921 the American Legion Post 216 purchased a G.A.R. Hall for $1800 from Hebe Le Favour Post 181 of the Grand Army of the Republic surviving members, located on the corner of Main and Canal St. The post took over all patriotic duties such as Memorial Day Parade, and decorations of all veterans for all wars. The Building now became know as the Legion Hall.
The Civil War Veterans were glad to have a younger group with similar ideals carry on in their place, and the new home of the Legion became one of the leading centers of the community social activities.
* Copied from Post Historian book 1940-1943