Looking back in our Post 106 history our membership had a number of meeting places with the first meetings being held at the Seymour City Hall in 1918-1919. Then the members rented the F. H. Dean Hall for $37.50 a year with no heat provided. The next meeting place was above the Seymour Tire & Vulcanizing Shop also on Main Street. The rental was $100.00 per year with a four year option from owner George Goffard. Our next post home was a small home on Main Street which was sold in 1946 to a Mr. E. Jach for $1825.00 which was then used to purchase the Droeger property next to the Post for $4,000.00. Members proceeded to remodel the building to include a meeting room, a bar room, and an apartment on the second floor. Our next move was to purchase Marnocha's tavern which became our clubhouse and the bar was open to the public. In January of 1968 Post 106 sold its clubhouse and bar to Mr. A. Williquet. Over the next several months there was a noticeable drop in our attendance at meetings. It was decided to look for a clubhouse but one without a bar business. Several possibilities were considered. When a member Don Feurig offered us his plumbing shop and showroom Commander Russ Hanseter presented the options at a joint meeting with the Auxiliary, it was the unanimous choice. The building was only a few years old and had two bathrooms perfect for joint meetings. After several projects by the members we had a very nice meeting hall. Since that time we acquired properties on either side of our building for additional parking, added a fully operational kitchen, store room and a furnace room. This property became our Post home for now almost 45 years.Our membership grew reaching all-time-highs for almost a decade. Our 1968 membership of about 130 has grown to 209 in 2018, another all-time-high. Meeting attendance averages in the mid-thirties. The people in Seymour are well aware of the impact of Krause-Kraft-Mueller Post 106 in the community. They know us by what we do!