Commander John Bunkleman accepted a membership award signed by Department Commander Reginald F. Hoehle and National Commander Paul V. McNutt of Indiana. The award was for re-enrolling all 1928 members and achieving 100% membership prior to November 11, 1929. The 1929 membership was at 42 members up from 31 members the previous year. Membership continued to grow showing 53 members in 1929-30.
The local school board requested that Robert Krause Post 106 find a new location for the Civil War Veterans' Monument located on school grounds. The legionnaires agreed that the Post should take that responsibility.The monument was moved to the G,A,R. lot in the City Cemetery where it still stands today.