During the contest period, Isaac was a high school senior from Flower Mound. He is a 2-year letterman in football and basketball, and has competed nationally in speech and debate, winning championships in original oratory and dramatic interpretation categories. Isaac also plays drums and piano and enjoys mountain biking, dirt biking and competing in Spartan races.
Isaac's 2017 Oratorical Competition History
- Post Level – 03 December 2016 at Post 379 in Bedford. Isaac was the only competitor resulting in Isaac as the winner.
- 12th District Level – 14 January 2017 at Post 379 in Bedford. Second competitor failed to show resulting in Isaac as the winner.
- 1st Division Level – 11 February 2017 at Post 838 in Fort Worth. Competed against five others but tied for first. Tie-breaking procedures implemented resulting in Isaac as the winner.
- Department of Texas Level – 20 February at Post 159 in Bryan. Competed against the other three divisions resulting in Isaac as the winner.
- The American Legion National Level – 22-23 April 2017 at the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana. There were 53 competitors including the Departments of Puerto Rico, France, and Mexico. The Department of Philippines was a no-show. During the quarterfinals, Isaac defeated representatives from the Departments of Oklahoma, District of Columbia, Missouri, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. During the semifinals, Isaac competed against representatives from the Departments of Maryland and Kansas, resulting in the representative from Maryland as the winner.