In 2008, TEXALPA (The Texas American Legion Press Association) began presenting the Dan Fallon Award for the best Post website in the department. The purpose of TEXALPA is to foster publications and advance the standards and practices in communication with “The American Legion, Department of Texas in the department, divisions, districts, and posts, in their Auxiliary, Sons of The American Legion, or affiliated organizations as may be represented by the membership.
- To promote understanding, cooperation, and an exchange of ideas among members.
- To promote the development and application of improved methods and programs of communication.
- To demonstrate the practical value of effective communication and public relations, both internal and external.
- To promote the training and development of individual members through the collection and dissemination of information of value and interest to the members.
- To encourage the professional development of members.
- To assist in promoting the purposes and programs of The American Legion.
- To act as the voice of TEXALPA membership before the Department of Texas, The American Legion.
- To strive for the highest ethical standards in carrying out these objectives and the objectives of the National American Legion Press Association; and to consider legislative proposals affecting publications or mailing of the publications.