Wayne Post 64 was organized in 1930 at School 14 on National Road, Indianapolis. The sponsoring post was Irvington Post 38. Eventually the Post purchased its current 23 acre site 1947 with it's original building on that site completed in 1949. Wayne Post 64 moved into its current building in 2006. On April 8, 2011, Post 64 was re-chartered as Kenneth N. Dowden Wayne Post 64.