Post Home Re-Dedication
Jan 26, 2013
(Information retrieved from the Legiontown article dated September 14, 2012) In 1920 the Lake Wales American Legion was chartered, in 1948 a building was under construction, on January 25, 1949 the Post dedicated this building. Sold the building in 1975, which it has been sold several times since. It has been a grocery store, skating rink, Department of Motor Vehicles, etc. In September 2012 a committee of the post viewed the building and fell in..