A group of WW1 veterans got together and submitted "Application for Post of the American Legion" on Dec. 2, 1929 to be know as "Criswell-Robinson Post 71". This document was endorsed by Department of Arkansas Commander R. L. Gordon and then by James F. Barton, National Adjutant. Of these veterans, the document included one brother (Joe D. Robinson) of the Post's namesake, Ross Robinson.
The "Post Application for Permanent Charter" was dated Jan. 7, 1938 and approved by Department of Arkansas Adjutant Bert Presson. It was received at National Headquarters on Jan 17, 1938, the date put on the Charter Certificate that the Post still has on display.
The following are the officers listed on this document:
Commander - Richard Glasscock
Adjutant - Marshall H. Bellamy
Historian - Edgar Hagaman
Service Officer - Charlie W. Robinson (brother to namesake Ross Robinson)