Register  |  

Post 49  Wilmington, Ohio

MORE INFO

ABOUT THIS POST

CHARTER DATE: November 23, 1923

FIRST COMMANDER: William H. Robinson

Jump to a decade in the timeline:

1923  

1920
Post 49 received a temporary charter in 1919 and was OFFICIALLY CHARTERED on November 23, 1923. Harry A. Metzger was a predominant factor in getting the post organized locally and William H. Robinson, deceased county auditor, served as the First Commander. The first post home was over the G. M. Rice Furniture Store on West Main Street. It later moved from there to the old Dayton Power and Light office. Due to the gasoline shortage Post 49, with the backing of H.A. Barrett, purchased the Charles Bosworth place on East Locust Street in 1946 for its new home. They remained.. Full story »
930
931
-1455040800
-1455040800